We acknowledge the responsibility we have to reduce our demand on the planet’s finite resources, minimize our carbon footprint and help meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Through the targets in this strategy, we are sending a clear message. We can and will do more to provide better outcomes for our community, our customers and our environment.
TCU Place is a proud signatory of both the Sustainable Tourism 2030 Pledge and the Tourism Saskatoon Green Stem Pledge
Our 2023 Sustainability Goals
- Implement paperless event logistics and communication
- Develop a community integrated sustainability plan and management system
- Create and offer options & incentives for event planners to offset the carbon load of their event
- Measure our carbon footprint annually
Think Green Campaign
Our Think Green Campaign focuses on four key areas:
- Energy Conservation
- Waste reduction & recycling
- Interior Environment (acquisition/disposal policies)
- Staff/Client Awareness
In 2022, TCU Place diverted more than 35,347 kg of material from the landfill – 70% of which was organics converted to compost material.
- We’ve installed Power Factor Correction devices to moderate electrical demand.
- 90% of our fan units are equipped with VFDs (variable frequency drives), and we’ve modernized our steam boiler to add them.
- We’ve upgraded our BAS (Building Automation System) with programmable heating & fan unit controls.
- We’ve updated cooking practices in our kitchen to reduce energy consumption (cooking with lids on pots, turning off ovens when not in use, etc).
- Our office equipment enters sleep mode when not in use.
- We’ve installed occupancy sensors in washrooms and storage rooms, and implemented a “Lights Out” campaign – cleaning our building during off hours using reduced lighting.
- Our facility lighting has been upgraded to LED, and
we integrate natural daylight to the greatest degree possible in our convention space.
Waste Reduction & Recycling
- 90% of our washrooms are fitted with water saving fixtures.
- We’ve upgraded our systems to move toward paperless event management.
- We provide wireless internet access, encourage the use of digital documents when possible, and print and copy 2-sided documents to reduce paper use when printing is necessary.
- We use “green” cleaning products.
- Using china, glassware, stainless flatware, and washable linens on tables is our standard practice.
- We provide juice, water and coffee condiments in bulk containers, and avoid pre-filling water glasses.
- We use a single-stream recycling bin for all paper, plastics, glass, and cans, and create mass recycling stations for tradeshows and large scale events for collecting cardboard, pallet wrap, paper and other recyclable materials.
- When possible, we host “Zero Waste” events to reduce the impact in landfills.
- We collect organic waste for composting and recycle our kitchen cooking oil.
Interior Environment (acquisition/disposal policies)
- Food and beverages are sourced locally as much as possible.
- Our chefs create menus that maximize the use of seasonal & organic produce where available.
- We serve Fair Trade coffee & tea.
- We partner with local agencies donating leftover food to charity and encourage our clients to do the same.
Chemicals & Electronics
- Batteries, light bulbs, outdated electronics and paints are recycled at approved locations.
Staff & Client Awareness
- Our centralized location in the heart of downtown Saskatoon provides easy access by mass transit or bicycle.
- We’re committed to developing partnerships with environmental organizations such as the Destination Canada Global Destination Sustainability Program with Discover Saskatoon.