About TCU Place
Located in beautiful downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, TCU Place is considered to be one of the best conference facilities in Western Canada.
With over 104,000 square feet of convention space, this facility is one of the most versatile properties in Saskatoon. The Convention Centre houses 21 different rooms with configurations that allow unlimited combinations. In addition, the conference centre also houses Sid Buckwold Theatre – a 2,074 soft seat theatre that has hosted international and national performers, speakers and theatrical productions. The theatre is well known for its superior acoustics and expansive stage area.
TCU Place is operated by the Centennial Auditorium and Convention Centre Corporation, an independent, not-for-profit organization with oversight from a volunteer Board of Directors. The organization strives to achieve the following strategic goals.
- Create exceptional experiences
- Foster excellence in our people
- Enhance the quality of life in our community
- Provide stewardship over infrastructure and assets
- Build strong partnerships
- Financial sustainability
SaskTel Centre and TCU Place jointly commissioned a study in 2017 to determine the need for new and/or expanded assembly facilities in Saskatoon. The scope of work involved:
- Analysis of historical business data
- Stakeholder consultations – internal and external
- Site tours and assessment of both venues
- Competitive scan – Saskatoon Region
- Comparative scan – North American cities similar to Saskatoon
The study was prepared by an integrated consulting team of leading market analysts and facility planners: Convergence Design, HLT Advisory, and Conventional Wisdom.