TCU Place, Saskatoon’s Arts and Convention Centre is working closely with industry partners to monitor developments relating to COVID-19 and taking direction from the City of Saskatoon, provincial, Canadian and global health authorities.
As a precautionary measure in response to the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Saskatchewan has mandated that all gatherings of over 250 attendees cannot take place until further notice. The current maximum is 10 persons. They have also announced other restrictions to foreign travel and recommended social distancing practices.
The TCU Place Board of Directors, management, and City of Saskatoon made the decision to temporarily close our facility to the public, effective Wednesday March 18, 2020. This decision was made in the interest of public safety, employee safety, and the long-term sustainability of the facility. We will review the building closure daily to assess the reopening. (Read the full announcement)
Upcoming Events Affected
To ensure the health and safety of staff and event attendees, the following performances have been cancelled or postponed. In cases where an event is being postponed, all tickets for the postponed performance will be honoured for the new date.
Postponed – we ask patrons to hold on to their tickets until more information becomes available.
- The Glorious Sons, March 13 (read the announcement)
- Masters of Illusion, March 19 (read the announcement)
- Accent with the SSO (read the announcement)
- Singing For My Survival: How My Music Saved My Life in the Holocaust featuring Cantor Moshe Kraus, March 31 (read the announcement)
- Jesse Cook: The Tempest 25 Tour, April 1 (read the announcement)
- Thorgy and the Thorchestra, April 18 (read the announcement)
- George Thorogood and the Destroyers, April 27 (read the announcement)
- Urban Cowboy Reunion: Mickey Gilley & Johnny Lee, May 14 (read the announcement)
- The Fireside Singers Present Titanic The Musical, June 3 & 4 (read the announcement)
- Jann Arden, June 10 (read the announcement)
- Dueling Pianos, May 30 (postponed to November 14, 2020)
- Hotel California (postponed to April 27, 2021)
- Bee Gees Gold (postponed to May 6, 2021)
Cancelled – we will be reaching out to affected customers in the coming week to process refunds.
- JUNO Songwriters’ Circle, March 15 (read the announcement)
- Anne of Green Gables – The Ballet (and pre-show dinner), March 18 (read the announcement)
- SSO: Beethoven 250, May 2 (read the announcement)
- High Valley with Eli Young Band, May 23 (read the announcement)
We’ll continue updating this list as the situation develops. We ask for your patience and cooperation as our team works to address the effects on our operations. Higher than usual wait times should be anticipated when contacting our Box Office as they handle an elevated number of requests in the coming days.
We would like to assure you that the seamless operation of events in our facility and the health and safety of all our visitors and employees remains our top priority. We have taken precautionary measures throughout our building in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for all.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all high volume and common objects including main door handles, elevator buttons and washrooms
- Hand sanitizer stands placed in high-traffic public spaces throughout the facility
- Individual hand sanitizer bottles placed in all event washrooms and staff rooms
- Precautionary measure signs placed in all washrooms & staff rooms
- Employees have been reminded to take increased measures to reduce the risk of transmission of the flu and respiratory illness, and to stay home if they are sick
- TCU Place continues to maintain contact with the City’s Director of Emergency Management Organization, Saskatchewan Health and Public Health Canada for best practices/public gatherings
Together we can create a safe & healthy environment. We encourage everyone to follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization. Practicing proper hygiene etiquette and taking preventative actions will help reduce the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough
- Maintain safe food practices
- Consider alternative greetings rather than hugs or handshakes
Travel Health and Safety
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, should contact their primary care provider, local public health office or Health Links. The Public Health Agency of Canada has set up a coronavirus telephone information line at: 1-833-784-4397.
Follow the most accurate and up-to-date news regarding the Coronavirus by visiting the following sites: