September 16, 2021
TCU Place is looking for an ambitious and critical thinker member to join the team as a Building Operator. The Building Operator is responsible for maintaining the operating building systems including routine and preventative maintenance required to ensure all systems are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. This is a Temporary full time position up to 6 months with the possibility of a Permanent position once the term ends. Shifts are days, evenings and weekends.
TCU PLACE CORE VISION, MISSION AND VALUES:
TCU Place has a strong and vibrant 53 year history in Saskatoon, and is one of the premiere theatres / convention spaces in Canada. Making a positive impact in our community is at the heart of everything we do. In addition to contributing to our region’s economy, we also connect the community through arts, business, and culture. Our vision is to Lead The Way…Connect…Celebrate…Energize…Enrich.
How we work together is extremely important to consider in deciding if this is the career option for you. We are looking for a skilled leader that shares the following values:
- Passion for Service: We are passionate about serving others and creating signature experiences.
- Accountability: We acknowledge and own up to our responsibilities and seek to exceed expectations.
- Innovation: We look for ways to make things better, more efficient, and more memorable.
- Integrity: We are ethical and transparent in every aspect of our work.
- People Centred: We care deeply for our community and our team. We work in a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome.
- Assists with maintaining the operation of building systems.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance programs, schedules and records.
- Assures maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs to the premise and fixtures.
- Assists with the relocation and installation of fixtures and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building systems maintenance and operation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and other civic employees.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation and maintenance of building control systems.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Grade 12 education.
- Possession of a valid Fourth Class Engineer’s Certificate
- Possession of a valid Refrigeration Engineer’s Certificate.
- Two years’ mechanical and building systems maintenance experience.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
If you are interested in being part of a great team and feel like you will be a valuable asset to TCU Place, please send your resume attention Human Resources by September 16, 2021 by:
Submitting your resume and cover letter on the City of Saskatoon website at https://www.saskatoon.ca/city-hall/careers-city/current-employment-opportunities/building-operator-42
Please be advised that the position may be filled before the closing date of this posting. TCU Place is an employment equity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
If you are interested in being part of a great team and feel like you will be a valuable asset to TCU Place, please submit your resume via the City of Saskatoon website by September 16, 2021